Due to the process, sheared components that are produced in a single stroke show a burr. The burr must often be complexly removed in an extra working step by vibratory finishing or other methods in order to avoid an injury during the use, a damage of other components or other disadvantages that occur process-related. Counter shearing is a multiple-step method with at least one change of the cutting direction. The first step is a starting cut before the material is cutted into the other direction and is cutted through, respectively. Counter shearing is a method that enables burr-free cutting. However, this method is nowadays not used very often in industrial practice. The Forschungsgesellschaft Umformtechnik could already gain good experience in the area of “burr-free cutting”.
Goals of the working group:
- Processing guidelines for a process reliability in counter shearing of metallic materials
- Tool guidelines for a process reliability in counter shearing of metallic materials
- Application of shearing in order to produce burr-free components
Investigation priorities of the working group:
- Analysis of the two-step, single stroke counter shearing with closed cutting line
- Cutting parameters for a process reliability in cutting